In the Vogtland the term “hutzen” means to chat in a pleasant company. What could be more suitable than exchanging experiences with each other while having fun in a relaxed atmosphere? Regarding a hobby, fun and pleasure should be the most important things and this is what you will find when meeting other geocachers especially at events. Due to its geographical location, the Vogtland has always been a connector between Saxony, Bavaria, Thuringia and Bohemia. Therefore we are looking forward to meeting a lot of people from different regions.
People from the Vogtland and our homeland are known for a lot of things:
- Reservoirs and bridges: Besides the big reservoirs which can be found in the Vogtland you can also visit the smallest reservoir of Europe. Among the large variety of bridges you can find the two largest brick-built bridges in the world: the Göltzschtal Viaduct and the Elstertal Viaduct.
- The main part of the musical instrument making belongs to the “Musikwinkel” between Klingenthal, Markneukirchen and Erlbach. Many celebrities have already found their favourite instruments here.
- The first Germans to go into space have been from the Vogtland. In Morgenröthe-Rautenkranz, home of Sigmund Jähn, you can visit the German space travel exhibition.
- The Vogtland is an excellent place for those who love hiking. The mountains are not too steep, the landscape is complex and diversified. There are several certified Qualitiy Trails, Theme Trails and nature studies paths. On your way there will be look-outs showing you impressive outlooks of the landscape.
- Winter sports have always been at home in the Vogtland. A lot of cross-country ski-tracks are inviting amateur sportsmen to make a trip. But also professionals are offered attractive training conditions since the Vogtland-Arena has been constructed in 2006.
You can also find a large variety of caches in a wonderful landscape. There are many traditionals designed with loving attention to detail, challenging multi caches, interesting mysteries and special Wherigo-rounds.
This event will be the greatest ever in the Vogtland.
May 26, 2018
From 10am to 6pm
You will find an entertaining program right next to Europe’s most modern ski jump. We will focus on the fun on-site and hope to spend a nice time together. But there is a little fly in the ointment: the capacity of the site is not unlimited. Therefore, we have to limit the number of attendees. From 15,114 on upwards we will have to set up a waiting list.
You can find more information on our website:
Please help us in our planning and log the number of persons in your team in the following way: +1+ for one person, +2+ for two persons, +3+ for three persons, and so on. Thank you.